Pin It button on image hover

Monday, August 13, 2012

Toddler Activity: Packing Peanuts & Boxes

Emmalyn and I have a bit of routine during the week. I pick her up from my in-laws after work, around 5:30. We go home and spend about 30 minutes playing before dinner time. I'm constantly on the look out for games that are a change-up from her everyday toys. We got a package in the mail a few days ago, so I saved the big box full of packing peanuts.

At first she took the peanuts out one by one and placed them on the outer flaps of the box.

Then it was on to putting the peanuts into the different size boxes.

I brought out some big kitchen spoons and we took turns "stirring the pot". She used the spoons to put the peanuts into the different size boxes.
 
My favorite part about this activity? It was free! It kept her busy and she was able to work on her sorting and fine motor skills, plus there was very little clean-up when we were done.

Do you have any favorite activities for your toddler?



DISCLAIMER
Always supervise your child during activities, especially when they involve small pieces. Please use your own judgement in choosing activities that best meet the capabilities of your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP