Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crafting: Birth Day Scrapbox

I have an ongoing list of crafty things that I want to do in our house - from printing photos on canvas, to knitting scarves, to sewing pillowcase dresses....the list goes on and on. I can't be the only one who does this...right?

A few days ago I decided to check one of those crafts off my list. Emmalyn and Hope are going to be sharing a room. While I want the overall look to be cohesive, I still want there to be touches of individual photos and accomplishments. Enter Scrapboxes. Ever since I came across Darcy Miller's collection of Scrapboxes on Martha Stewart, I have wanted to incorporate some into the house. I thought the girls' room would be the perfect place to start.

My Scrapbox was going to include:

• Ultrasound photo
• Hat given to them at the hospital when they were born
• Photo of them wearing the hat
• Word collage of birth stats (birthday, length, weight, time of birth and name)

I bought the 10 x 10 white-framed shadow boxes at Michael's and used a scrap of gray patterned fabric for the backing. The hat was affixed using straight pins at an angle. I printed the photos and word collage on cream card stock and then used scrapbooking foam squares for adhesive, so that they were slightly raised from the fabric.
 

You are so Loved Print: Katie Daisy (Etsy)
Shadow Box frames: Michael's (similar here)
Jane Austen, Emma book: Penguin Hardcover Classics
Wooden Elephant: random find at Ross

I absolutely love them! If anyone would like a PDF word collage customized with personalized stats and choice of color and size, please email me at orangeblossomink@gmail.com. I will design and email a high-res printable PDF for $5 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP