Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Words to a pregnant woman...

Conversation at Publix last night between a store manager and myself:

Manager: WOW! Are you having twins? (eyes my stomach)

Me: Nope, it's just my third baby.
(plus I was holding Hope on my hip, thus sticking out my stomach even further)

Manager: Is it a boy?

Me: Yep!

Manager: Well, he is going to be a BIG boy. Were your girls big?

Me: No, they were both about 7.5 pounds.

Manager: You must be due in just a few days then.

Me: No, still 5 weeks to go!

Manager: (raises eyebrows) Well, good luck!

::sigh::

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, but I am feeling good. I don't feel huge (most days), and at my appointment earlier that day, baby was measuring at about 33-34 weeks...so even on the small side. Somehow pregnancy gives perfect strangers a free pass to comment on a woman's weight gain...I still don't understand that. Oh well - grow baby grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP