Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, September 13, 2012

I told you so...

When I was pregnant with Jack all the moms I met told me things like, 

"ENJOY sleep!"

"Relax while you can, soon you'll be running around busy with your boy!"

"Are you ready for your life to change forever?" 

etc., etc., etc.

We've all heard similar things, right? Well, I was SO FRUSTRATED. I wanted to be a mom for my WHOLE LIFE, that was my LIFE GOAL: to be a mom. I was ELATED, I was ECSTATIC and I couldn't WAIT for my little Jack-man to appear! and ESPECIALLY when I looked like this:


I was tired of hearing, "WOW, when are you due!?" I actually went to work on my due date and fully enjoyed saying, "TODAY"... but not as much as I enjoyed saying, "last week" seeing as how Jack came at 41 weeks :)

Anyways, back to my point: after I had Jack, the thoughts change to: 

"enjoy this! the time flies!"

"remember every moment, one day you'll miss the lack of sleep, midnight feedings, etc" 

and damn it, they were right. 

My life did change, I am busy chasing my boy around and YES I MISS SLEEPING IN! 

Jack is currently 2 years 3 months old.. and ::whew:: this stage has a whole new set of challenges, especially because he is SO STINKIN' SMART. .. and lately, I am REALLY ready for this stage to be over. I'm not as patient as I'd like to be, and I know he needs patience, and moms like to tell me, "oh wait! 3 is WORSE"

(Lord, help me!) 

Yet, in the last 3 days I have had 4 different people tell me these sorts of things:

"wow, whatever you're doing, keep doing it! He's GREAT!"

"you'll miss this, I know its hard, but it's CUTE and hard, when he's 3, it's JUST HARD"

"cherish these moments, I just watched my sons 2nd birthday video (said son is now 27) and I couldn't believe how the time has flown by"

"you will miss this, enjoy him at 2 years old, even with the frustrations."

and you know what? they will probably be right too, won't they?

so.. I need to stop, breathe and take in the "terrible" two's. 

I'll let you know (in a few years) if I agree with the above thoughts.. but either way, my plan today is to love my Jack, hard days and all, and really cherish him and who he is. 

I mean, this:

seems like FOREVER ago. 

(thank you emily for this beautiful keepsake)





No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP