Pin It button on image hover

Friday, October 19, 2012

My little Sleeping Beauty

...is gone. Just when I get used to something in parenthood, my toddler decides to change things up on me. Let me preface this post by saying that I am not complaining. My daughter sleeps through the night, takes a nap every day and is generally in a happy mood. But at 36 weeks pregnant, I am selfishly trying to get all the sleep I can!

Her old schedule was going to bed and 7:15 p.m. and sleeping until at least 7:45-8 a.m. This was perfect, because I could wake up, shower, get ready for work and eat breakfast, all before she made a peep. About a month ago, she decided to start waking up earlier (and going to bed later). First it was 7 a.m., then 6:30, and now we're averaging a 6:00-6:15 a.m. wake up call from her.

She's in a twin bed (which is low to the ground, so she can hop right out). I'll hear her door creak open in the monitor, then her little footsteps running through the house, and then the door to our room will slowly open and she'll say, "Hi!". I've tried putting her to bed earlier AND later, and the wake up time is still the same.

Keeping her entertained in the morning has proven to be a little more difficult. She wants to get in the shower when I'm in it, to sit on the counter while I put on my make up, and to brush her teeth while I'm brushing mine. Now we've figured out a little routine. I'll shower, she'll run around the bathroom playing with her toys, then I'll get a smoothie/breakfast for her and she watches cartoons from 7:30-8:00 so I can dry my hair and get dressed.

I'm guessing that as soon as I have this new routine down, she'll do something to change it up. That's parenthood for you.

On the plus side, she's my new alarm clock – and I have to say, hearing that sweet little voice whispering hello is WAY better than my noisy iPhone alarm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP