Pin It button on image hover

Friday, February 1, 2013

Muffin Tin Meals

Emmalyn has always been a fantastic eater - from the time she was nursing through the introduction of solid foods. She's eaten things I never thought she would - pickles, olives, tuna, cottage cheese, the list goes on...she would try just about everything.

These last few weeks have been difficult in the food area. She sometimes flat out refuses to eat her meals and may only have one full meal in a day. But, I was putting options out there. If she was hungry, she would eat - that was my philosophy.

A while back I had run across a blog and added it to my Google Reader. I don't think Emma was even eating solids at the time, but I knew I had to save it for the future. Enter Muffin Tin Mom. Genius. Meals in cute muffin cups? Even I would eat that, no matter what was served! Michelle has a ton of great ideas and recipes on her blog.

I didn't have any cute shaped tins, but this week I pulled out my old muffin tin and started filling it with different things. Sometimes was just a matter of just cutting things differently. Example: Emmalyn has not been into string cheese lately (one of her prior favorites). I cut up the cheese in small squares and BOOM - empty cup and she was asking for more. The first night I filled the tins, she ate EVERY LAST THING. Amazing.
Now, I don't know how long the newness of the muffin cups will last. Just when you think you have toddlers figured out, they go and change things up. In the meantime, I'll be slicing and dicing to fill those cups. What tips and tricks do you use to get your toddler to eat?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this, Thomas is SO stubborn, but maybe the novelty of a new way to eat healthy foods will work. Probably not, but what could it hurt to try?

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP